- This is a cheap package for someone who would like to save money by sharing their training time with a somebody else so that they can drive a B+E car and trailer. (B category on a UK driving licence is a car/4×4/van with a Maximum Authorised Mass of no more than 3,500kg).
- It is not possible to tow a medium – large trailer on a B licence (such at a horse trailer or large caravan) you need to acquire the B+E entitlement.
What you’ll achieve:
- On completion of this course and you have passed the DVSA’s B+E Practical driving test, you will be licensed to tow a trailer with a car up to the tow vehicle’s MAM train weight.(All makes and models of vehicles are plated differently. Some cars can tow up to a 3,500kg trailer, but most are less than this).
- 10 hours (2hrs on your own + 8hrs with someone else)
This package includes:
- 10 hours of vehicle and instructor hire. (2hrs alone and 8hrs sharing your time)
- 1 DVSA Practical Driving Test Fee (Both tests will be in the afternoon of the second day, one after the other)
- VAT which is payable on the training costs. (Test fees are exempt from VAT)
- You must be 17 or over.
- Have a UK car driving licence with B entitlement.
- Your photo card licence is in date (New photo every 10 years).
- No need to worry about theory tests as these were only for when passing the B test.
- For this very short course you must be experienced at reversing with a trailer, driving in busy town centre environments and on motorways. (If you’re unsure it may be worth choosing the two hour assessment lesson to start with, or speak to us first).
- You must bring your driving licence with you when going for your test.
Prefer to pay monthly?
- Pay in full now. Click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above. You can pay with most major Debit/Credit cards.
- Pay as you go. Come for a couple of hours first to see how you get on. 2 hours would be £108. We can then discuss how many lessons you would need.
- 12 month 0% finance option. T’s & C’s apply. Typically around £8.67 per week (Payments: £50.12 deposit, £37.59 monthly).
What happens next?
- Contact us and we will get you started as soon as possible. 01282 614124.
How much will it cost for a retest if I don’t pass first time?
- Usually only a few hours are required to get you back in for your retest.
- A 4 hour session including the driving test and VAT is £331.
- Or if you feel you need a little more, the price including an extra a hour would be £385.
- Pass Protection is available when booked in advance at £235 per retest.