- This lesson is for anyone wanting to take the B+E car and trailer towing test by booking the test themselves and using their own vehicle.
- It is not possible to tow a medium – large trailer on a B licence (such at a horse trailer or large caravan) you need to acquire the B+E entitlement.
- N.B. B category on a UK driving licence is a car/4×4/van with a Maximum Authorised Mass of no more than 3,500kg E is the trailer entitlement.
What you’ll achieve:
- This course is to prepare you to take DVSA’s B+E Practical driving test,
- When you’ve passed the B+E test you will be licensed to tow a trailer with a car up to the tow vehicle’s MAM train weight. (All makes and models of vehicles are plated differently. Some cars can tow up to a 3,500kg trailer, but most are less than this).
- 0.5 days. (4 hours)
This package includes:
- 4 hours of instructor hire. (You will need to bring your own towing vehicle and trailer).
- VAT which is payable on the training costs.
- You must be 17 or over.
- Have a UK car driving licence with B entitlement.
- You must have a towing vehicle that meets the Minimum Test Vehicle requirements of the DVSA.
- You need to book your own £115 test. (We will help you with this).
- You must take your driving licence with you when going for your test.
- Your photo card licence is in date (New photo every 10 years).
- No need to worry about theory tests as these were only needed for passing the B (car) test.
- For this short course you must be experienced at reversing with a trailer, driving in busy town centre environments and on motorways. (If you’re unsure it may be worth speaking to us first).
Ways to pay:
- Pay in full now. Click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above. You can pay with most major Debit/Credit cards.
- Bring cash on the day.
What happens next?
- Contact us and we will get you started as soon as possible. 01282 614124.
How much will it cost for a retest if I don’t pass first time?
- Test fees are £115.