- This is for anyone wanting to drive a C1+E (7.5 Tonne with trailer) Medium Goods Vehicle and trailer, and have passed an LGV medical, and LGV theory tests when doing a C or C1 course.
What you’ll achieve:
- On completion of this course and you have passed the test, you will be licensed to drive a goods vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes with a trailer up to 4.5 tonnes (Combined train weight of 12 tonnes).
- You will also gain the B+E (Car & Trailer) licence, if you don’t already have it. Holders of D1 (Minibus) entitlement will also get their D1E. This is due to the C1E test being greater or equal size to the other entitlements.
- 1.2 days (10 hours)
This package includes:
- 10 hours of vehicle and instructor hire. (All driver training for our C1E course is conducted in our 5.2 tonne Iveco van with one of our Ifor Williams 2.7 tonne trailers).
- DVSA Practical Driving Test Fee
- VAT which is payable on the training costs. (Test fees are exempt from VAT)
- You must be 18 or over.
- Have a UK car with the LGV C1 (7.5 tonne) or C (rigid/class 2) driving licence entitlement.
- You must bring your driving licence with you when going for your test.
- Your photo card licence must be in date. New photo every 10 years and medical is still in date.
- If LGV theory tests were passed for your C1 or C test they are valid forever, so there is no need to do them again, unless you have C1 ‘Grandfather Rights’ (See bullet point below).
- For drivers who passed their car driving test before the licence changes made in 1997, they will have C1E ‘grandfather rights’ on their licence with code 107. This limits drivers to a combined train weight of 8,250kg (To upgrade to the 12 tonne combined train weight, an LGV medical is needed and LGV theory tests must be passed before taking the C1E driving test – see our other courses for this).
- This course is for drivers with lots of experience at reversing with a trailer, and driving in busy town centre environments and on motorways.
Ways to pay:
- Pay in full now. Click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above. You can pay with most major Debit/Credit cards.
- Pay as you go. Come for a few hours first to see how you get on. 4 hours would be £288. We can then discuss how many lessons you would need.
- 12 month 0% finance option. T’s & C’s apply. Typically around £16 per week (Payments: £91 deposit, £67.75 monthly)
What happens next?
- Contact us and we will get you started as soon as possible. 01282 614124.
What if you don’t pass your test?
- A normal retest session is 5 hours.
- Extra training is available, if you feel you need it.
- We can normally get you in for your next test within a week or two.