- This is a complete package for anyone wanting to take advantage of the 15th November 2021 changes that allow you to bypass taking the LGV C (Class 2) test, and actually go straight for your LGV C+E (Class 1) test. This course also includes the Driver CPC Initial Qualification which allows you to drive Large Goods Vehicles commercially.
Note: This course will include lessons in a LGV C (Class 2 rigid) vehicle to begin with to help you feel more confident driving a Large Goods Vehicle.
What you’ll achieve:
- On completion of this course and all tests are passed, you will be licensed to drive any LGV/HGV vehicle, either rigid or articulated.
- This course also includes the Driver CPC Initial Qualification Module 2 and 4 tests which when passed you’ll be issued with Driver Qualification Card from the DVLA valid for 5 years. To keep this DQC valid beyond 5 years you’ll need to attend a 35 hour Driver CPC Periodic Training course, which can be booked as a one day (7hr) course say every year to spread out the cost and time off work, or can be done as a five day (35hr) block.
- Realistically you should plan for the whole process to take about 3 months, but this can depend on medical appointments and how efficient the DVLA are at sending your provisional licence back.
- You will also need to allow time to study for your theory tests, and a day off work to go to the Theory Test Centre to take your theory tests.
- The practical driving lessons will start with a 12 hour LGV Category C (Class 2) rigid truck course spread over 2 to 3 days. During this first course you’ll complete the Driver CPC Module 4 practical demonstration test.
- Then we’ll move you on to a 20 hour course in an LGV C+E (Class 1) vehicle spread over 3 to 4 days. You’ll take the Module 3a (off-road) test at our yard. Then you’ll take the Module 3b (on-road) test at the DVSA Test Centre.
This package includes:
- Medical (Booked at a date and time to suit you).
- Provisional Paperwork (We’ll help you fill this in).
- Theory test booking service (Let us take the stress out of booking the 3 theory tests you need to pass).
- Login access for the Driving Theory 4 All theory study website
- Driving Theory 4 All study app for your phone or tablet
- 3 Theory Test Fees (LGV Multiple Choice, LGV Hazard Perception, and LGV CPC Case Study Mod 2).
- 40 hours of vehicle and instructor hire (All our LGV training vehicles have automatic gearboxes. From April 2014 you get a full manual licence even if you take it in an auto, as long as you passed your car test in a manual).
- DVSA Driver CPC Module 4 practical demonstration test fee (£55)
- DVSA C+E Module 3a (off-road) test fee (£40)
- DVSA C+E Module 3b (on-road) test fee (£115)
- VAT which is payable on the training costs. (Test fees are exempt from VAT)
- You must be 18 or over.
- Have a UK car driving licence.
- You must bring your driving licence with you when going for your theory, and your practical tests.
- Your photo card licence must be in date (New photo every 10 years).
Ways to pay:
- Pay in full now. Click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above. You can pay with most major Debit/Credit cards.
- Pay monthly. Finance available. T’s & C’s apply. Rates variable. To apply click on the ‘Add to basket’ button and follow it through to check out. Select ‘Buy now pay later’.
- Pay as you go:
£55 – LGV medical.
£150 – Theory package.
£1,063 – 12 hour C (Class 2 rigid) driving course, including Driver CPC Mod 4 practical test fee.
£1,835 – 20 hour C+E (Class 1) driving course, 3a (off-road), and the 3b (on-road) test fees.
What happens next?
- Contact us and we will get you started as soon as possible. 01282 614124.
What if you don’t pass your test?
- A normal retest session is 5 hours.
- Extra training is available, if you feel you need it.
- We can normally get you in for your next test within a week or two.