- This is a complete package for anyone wanting to drive a C (rigid / class 2) Large Goods Vehicle. (This does not include the Driver CPC – See our other packages to add this).
(N.B. You need to have the C licence before going on to take the C+E (artic/class 1) test).
What you’ll achieve:
- On completion of this course and all tests are passed, you will be licensed to drive any rigid LGV/HGV vehicle up to what is referred to as 32 tonne 8 wheeler, but actually you could drive a much larger vehicle with more axles such as a mobile crane of any weight. To be able to tow a trailer over 750kg with a C vehicle you’d have to pass the C+E test.
- 6-8 weeks, depending how quickly we can get you appointments and how efficient the DVLA are at sending your provisional licence back. (Most people only need to take 3 or 4 days off work during this time.)
This package includes:
- Medical (Booked at a date and time to suit you).
- Provisional Paperwork (We’ll help you fill this in).
- Theory test booking service (Let us take the stress out of booking the 2 theory tests you need to pass).
- 2 x 2hr evening classroom theory test preparation lesson. (In conjunction with studying in your own time, our instructor will explain the more confusing elements of the theory test).
- Login access for the Driving Theory 4 All theory study website
- Driving Theory 4 All study app for your phone or tablet
- 2 Theory Test Fees (LGV Multiple Choice, and LGV Hazard Perception).
- 20 hours of vehicle and instructor hire (You can choose between a manual or automatic gearbox vehicle. Either way – as from April 2014 – you still get a full manual licence).
- DVSA Practical Driving Test Fee
- VAT which is payable on the training costs. (Medicals and test fees are exempt from VAT)
- You must be 18 or over.
- Have a UK car driving licence.
- Your photo card licence is in date (New photo every 10 years).
Ways to pay:
- Pay in full now. Click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above. You can pay with most major Debit/Credit cards.
- Pay as you go. First payment is £55 for your LGV medical. Then a few weeks later £150 for the theory package.
- 12 month 0% finance option. T’s & C’s apply. Typically around £17 per week (Payments:£55 medical. £167.30 deposit, £125.48 monthly).
What happens next?
- Contact us and we will get you started as soon as possible. 01282 614124.
What if you don’t pass your test?
- A normal retest session is 5 hours.
- Extra training is available, if you feel you need it.
- We can normally get you in for your next test within a week or two.