- This is a very basis package for anyone wanting to drive a C (rigid / class 2) Large Goods Vehicle. (This does not include medical, theory tests or the Driver CPC – See our other packages to add this).
(N.B. You need to have the C licence before going on to take the C+E (artic/class 1) test).
What you’ll achieve:
- On completion of this course and all tests are passed, you will be licensed to drive any rigid LGV/HGV vehicle up to what is referred to as 32 tonne 8 wheeler, but actually you could drive a much larger vehicle with more axles such as a mobile crane of any weight. To be able to tow a trailer over 750kg with a C vehicle you’d have to pass the C+E test.
- 1.5 days
This package includes:
- 12 hours of vehicle and instructor hire (All our LGV training vehicles have automatic gearboxes. From April 2014 you get a full manual licence even if you take it in an auto, as long as you passed your car test in a manual).
- DVSA Practical Driving Test Fee
- VAT which is payable on the training costs. (Test fees are exempt from VAT)
- You must be 18 or over.
- Have a UK car driving licence with LGV C provisional entitlement.
- You must have passed you LGV Multiple Choice & Hazard Perception Theory Tests within the last 2 years. (If you’ve passed you C1 driving test then the theory tests are valid forever).
- You must bring your driving licence with you when going for your test.
- Your photo card licence is in date (New photo every 10 years).
Ways to pay:
- Pay in full now. Click on the ‘Add to basket’ button above. You can pay with most major Debit/Credit cards.
- Pay as you go:
£288 for you first 4 hour driving lesson.
£691 for your one day course, including your driving test.
- 12 month finance option. T’s & C’s apply. Typically around £18 per week (Payments: £106 deposit, £79.50 monthly).
What happens next?
- Contact us and we will get you started as soon as possible. 01282 614124.
What if you don’t pass your test?
- A normal retest session is 5 hours.
- Extra training is available, if you feel you need it.
- We can normally get you in for your next test within a week or two.